Kari is an attorney at Honsa Mara Landry practicing exclusively in family law. Kari represents her clients in all aspects of family law, including but not limited to, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, divorce, legal separation, custody and parenting time actions, paternity actions, post-decree issues, and order for protections. During these legal interactions, Kari assists clients in their understanding of the complexities associated with their case whether it be custody and parenting time issues, child support issues, spousal maintenance, property division, and non-marital claims and tracing.
Prior to joining Honsa Mara Landry Kari worked as a law clerk at the Hennepin County Family Justice Center. During her time as a law clerk, Kari assisted a judge with writing orders exclusively dealing with family law issues.
Kari saw first-hand courtroom procedures, litigation strategies, and legal writing skills that prove effective in her family law practice. Kari applies this knowledge on a daily basis to effectively manage her clients’ case and achieve a positive outcome for her clients.
Her personal interests include traveling, golfing, fishing and reading.
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Juris Doctorate
- Iowa State University
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- Major: Psychology
- Minor: Spanish
- Minor: Criminal Justice
- Minor: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Family Law Section Member
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Family Law Section Member
- Dakota County Bar Association
- Family Law League, President 2015-present; Vice President 2014-2015; Board Member 2012-present
- Fourth District (Hennepin County) Ethics Committee Investigator
- Hennepin County Family Court Enhancement Project, Subcommittee Member
- Hennepin County Limited Scope Program, Volunteer Attorney
- Legal Assistance of Dakota County, Volunteer Attorney
Achievements and Awards
- Named a Rising Star, 2016, by Minnesota Law and Politics
- Named a Rising Star, 2015, by Minnesota Law and Politics
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, Member in the Spotlight – March 2014
Past Employment Positions
- Hennepin County, Fourth Judicial District, Law Clerk for the Honorable Anne K. McKeig (now Associate Justice Anne K. McKeig - Minnesota Supreme Court)
- Hennepin County, Fourth Judicial District, Judicial Extern for the Honorable Anne K. McKeig (now Associate Justice Anne K. McKeig - Minnesota Supreme Court)