High-Asset Divorce And Property Division
Minnesota statute states that in a divorce, marital assets are to be divided in a fair and equitable manner. But what does fair and equitable mean in your case? Which assets are marital and which are premarital?
If you are concerned about the division of property in your divorce, talk to the lawyers at Honsa & Mara. Our lawyers focus exclusively on family law, and we concentrate a significant portion of our practice on high-asset divorce cases. We can help you protect your interests, even if your case seems incredibly complicated.
Practical, Honest Advice For Business Owners And Professionals
Get practical, honest advice from a lawyer who understands the law and procedures regarding the division of different types of assets in divorce. We can help you find trustworthy answers to important questions about your property, including the following:
- Will I be able to keep my home when I get divorced?
- How will my business be divided?
- Will I lose part of my stake in intellectual property such as patents or copyrights?
- What will happen to my cabin, vacation real estate or investment property?
- Will my spouse and I share retirement assets such as those in a pension, 401(k), IRA or Roth IRA accounts? How do QDROs work to divide retirement assets?
- What kind of temporary orders can I expect to have before the divorce is finalized?
- Will spousal maintenance (alimony) be ordered in my case?
Contact Honsa & Mara To Discuss Your Concerns
Every case is different. Contact Honsa & Mara to schedule a consultation. We can answer your questions and prepare you to make informed decisions about essential legal matters.